September 10-17, 2018
*Significant walking required
Please join us on our week long effort to experience and understand the most divisive four years of our nation’s history.
We will visit many of the places where 665,000 of our nation’s finest laid their lives on the altar of liberty—as those on each side saw it.
Travel: By Deluxe chartered motor coach
Accommodations: AAA and higher rated hotels
Price: 1799.00 per person, double occupancy
ALL INCLUSIVE– Price includes transportation, accommodations, all meals, tours, and attractions.
Itinerary—Subject to minor changes and substitutions.
Depart from Conyers aboard deluxe motor coach for
- Charleston, SC. First Day Highlights.
- Visit to The Citadel for Afternoon Parade
- Private Low Country Seafood Boil at supper time
- Tour of Ft. Sumter
- Mule Drawn Tour of Charleston
- Depart for Fayetteville, NC
- On to Richmond
- Lunch at King’s Barbecue
- Guided Tour of Petersburg Battlefield, including Lee’s Headquarters and The Crater.
- Guided Tour of Manassas Battlefield Where Stonewall Jackson earned his name
- Visits to Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg battlefields
- Spotsylvania Courthouse and Wilderness Historic Sites
- Evening Activity—Illuminated Tour of Washington, DC
- Antietam Battlefield Home of the bloodiest day in American history.
- To Gettysburg
- Visitor’s Center and Cyclorama (Yes, they have one, too)
- National Cemetery Site of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address
- Dinner at Historic Inn
- Guided tour of Gettysburg Battlefield
- Interpretive Programs by National Parks Service
- Dinner at the Dobbins House (Oldest Building in Gettysburg, station on Underground RR)
- Through Shenandoah Valley to Lexington. VA
- Visit Lee’s Chapel at Washington and Lee University (General Lee’s Final Resting Place)
- VMI and Stonewall Jackson Museum
- Stonewall Jackson’s home and grave
- Appomattox Courthouse National Historic Site
A $300 per person deposit will reserve your spot on this trip. You may send a check made payable to Huck’s History Tours or pay online.
Deposits are non-refundable.