July 29–Aug 5, 2017
*Significant walking required
This 8-day itinerary takes you through five of Europe’s most enchanting countries—Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia—along the storied Danube River. Explore Budapest’s baroque and Gothic buildings and fountains. In Austria, discover why Vienna is “the waltz capital,” sail through the spectacular Wachau Valley, and explore the cobblestone streets and charming town squares of Dürnstein. And in Germany, admire Passau’s ancient fortress and Italianate architecture. Includes a tour of the 900-year-old baroque Benedictine abbey at Melk and a full-day excursion to the scenic city of Český Krumlov.
- 8-day cruise with river-view stateroom
- Scenic cruising along the Wachau Valley and Danube Bend
- 6 guided tours with audio headset
- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Culture Curriculum: Apple strudel demonstration, folkloric music performance, German language lesson, attend lectures on The European Union, Great Canals and Locks, Life and Works of Mozart
- Wine/beer/soft drinks/ with lunch & dinner on board
Day 1 Budapest, Hungary
Day 2 Budapest, Hungary
Day 3 Bratislava, Slovakia
Day 4 Vienna, Austria
Day 5 Melk & Dürnstein, Austria
Day 6 Linz, Austria
Day 7 Passau, Germany
Day 8 Passau, Germany
- $4699 per person – French Balcony
- $4999 per person – Verandah Stateroom
Includes round trip airfare from Atlanta!
There is a $200 DISCOUNT for cash or check.
Prices good until October 15.
$749 per person
$420 per person
Travel Insurance is recommended.
Cancellations within 90 days of departure are non-refundable.